Mobile Technology trends are changing the way we do business. Today in this highly competitive world, business need to focus on the emerging trends to keep up with the fast pace of change. Here is an infographic that will explain how the trends in the mobile technology is changing the way we all do business.
The giant leap in the mobile technology and its associated applications indeed transformed our lives. Accessibility of all manners of smart products and services is now possible with just a click via advanced mobile technology. More number of enterprises are using the mobile workforce for increased productivity. But to balance with this mobility revolution, a clear mobility strategy should be developed. It enables the business to integrate and deliver new and innovative business services more quickly.
What can be the best practices to be observed while implementing an effective mobility strategy for an enterprise? Here we have summed up an unbeatable enterprise mobility strategy in 7 simple steps.
- Identify the business objectives and targeted benefits: Before implementing an effective strategy, clearly identify how it is going to impact your business. They should detect the kind of risk while integrating personal device to the enterprise network. Define a clear set of goals, expecting through mobile platform. Keep goals closely bound to enterprise’s core objectives for the best results.
- Introduce a clear mobile policy: The policy should cover every possible scenario which includes IT strategy, security and audit requirements, infrastructure policies etc.
- Device management and access policies: As a first step devices needs to be registered so that users can securely and seamlessly access corporate data. To secure the sensitive data, it’s important to determine which corporate applications can be accessed from an employee-owned device.
- Restrict the mobility cost: IT managers should strictly monitor to reduce the mobile data cost down. A dedicated Wi-Fi provider can be a cost- effective option
- Strive for continuous application delivery: Since the mobile world is prone to daily updates, enterprises should think above the traditional approaches. Instead enterprises should use Agile methods in software development and moving to DevOps methods to speed both the development and deployment of software.
- Security Measures: While encouraging BYOD, IT should ensure security policies and also able to remotely wipe corporate data if the device lost or any kind of malfunction happened. Advanced security choices need to be implemented to shield network. While exposing mobile oriented services, make sure the back-end integration and transaction details are properly secured
- Life-cycle management: Many of the above challenges can be overcome through a proper life-cycle management process. Apply well-known life cycle management disciplines to new technologies and business models.
By following these strategies, enterprises can effectively change the economics of mobility and thereby revolutionize the connectivity experience.
Google, the search engine giant has grabbed everyone’s attention last week by taking mobile technology to next level. Google has made a 3D world now fully possible on your mobile. What an incredible thought! They made their first public hardware release through the announcement of ‘Project Tango’, an android based prototype phone and developer kit with advanced 3D sensors. The new introduction is from Google’ Advanced Technology & Projects (ATAP). The release is a revolution in the mobile world as the mobile devices are crossing the boundaries of the screen. The intelligent phone can now 3D map the user’s surrounding. There are 200 development kits and the device will be available to developers on March 14, 2014 on the project’s website.
Project Tango with its sensors not just track the motion but also it can develop a visual map of room using 3D sensors. The sensors allow the phone to make over a quarter million 3D measurements every second, updating its position and orientation in real-time, combining that data into a single 3D model of the space around you. The smartphone offer enhanced types of user experience which include 3D scanning, indoor navigation and immersive gaming. As per ATAP, ‘Project Tango is an effort to give mobile devices a human like understanding of space motion through advanced sensor fusion and computer vision’. The prototype phone has a 5 inch display, runs Android and has the Unity Game Engine. This potential technology could be a real help to visually impaired people as the phone offers a voice guidance feature.
Immediate after the launch Google granted the sign up permission to a group of 200 developers who will be developing Applications, Algorithms, Games etc. for the phone. Developers will be able to write apps in Java, C/C++ and with the help of Unity Game Engines.
Project Tango is truly a ground breaking platform and Google has paved the future way for mobile vision system.